Duraflame 1500-Watt Infrared RV Electric Space Heater
When we were on the hunt for our RV electric space heater, we found two options that would work for what we wanted. The first choice was actually the Dr Infrared Heater and then the Duraflame electric space heater but due to an unfortunate cold front in the south there was a huge lack of supply. The appeal of the Dr infrared Heater was their claim to having 60% more heat than other 1500-watt heaters and the thermostat. Plus, its on wheels! The Dr Infrared Heater was available on amazon, but couldn’t get to us soon enough. It took us a couple of days and multiple trips to Lowe’s to find the Duraflame electric space heater. As soon as we turned on the Duraflame electric space heater and saw the ember logs light up, we were pleased with the purchase. It’s compact size, aesthetic appeal, and infrared heating was efficient for heating and for decor. The Duraflame electric space heater not only does it’s job perfectly but it adds charm to our living room. Now, let’s see what this heater has to offer!
The Duraflame electric space heater has a plethora of neat features including:
- 5,200 BTU heater provides supplemental zone heating for up to 1,000 sq ft. If you are unsure on what BTU is right for you, click here for an easy guide from Overstock.com.
- Infrared Quartz Heat – this allows for natural humidity in the air, creating comfortable heat without drying out the room air.
- Overheat Protection – stove will instantly shut off to stop overheating
- Thermostat for controlled heating
- Portable unit – light and easy to transport with durable metal body and operable doors
- Requires no venting
- Realistic flame effect with ember logs
Overall, the Duraflame RV electric space heater does not disappoint! The infrared heating system allows the metal body frame to stay cool to the touch while providing ample amount of heat. We run the heat for 6-10 hours at a time with absolutely no issues. We can usually get by with just using the space heater when temperatures are above 39 degrees Fahrenheit. When we brought this heater into the RV we were blown away at the aesthetic appeal it brought into our living area! The adjustable flame lights and ember logs gave our RV living room a sort of ‘traditional house’ feel that we love!